The Japan Electrical Manufacturers’ Association (JEMA), the Nippon Electric Control Equipment Industries Association (NECA), and the Japan Electric Measuring Instruments Manufacturers’ Association (JEMIMA) (hereinafter referred to collectively as the “Three Host Associations”), the hosts of IIFES 2019 (hereinafter referred to as “This Exhibition”), shall acquire and manage personal information related to This Exhibition according to the methods described below. Handling of the personal information shall also be contracted to Nikkei Business Publications, Inc., which is the operations office.
- 1. Acquiring Personal Information
The Three Host Associations shall acquire personal information according to the following methods.
- Attendee registrations (advance visitor registrations, day-of-event entrance registrations)
- All forms of inquiries
- 2. Personal Information to Be Acquired
Personal information acquired shall be as follows.
Name, name of employer, department, position, home address or address of employer, phone number, e-mail address, job sector, etc.
- 3. Management and Use of Personal Information
Tight control shall be exercised over acquired personal information within the scope of the purposes of use specified below. At the same time, security measures shall be taken to prevent circumstances such as unauthorized access, loss, damage, destruction, falsification, and leakage pertaining to personal information. Efforts shall also be made to ensure that the information is managed securely.
Registered personal information shall be used for operational management of This Exhibition, and for providing information about future exhibitions.
In the results report and other productions released after This Exhibition, personal information shall also be used to compile various statistical data, and to display lists of employers and other such information. The information shall be used in a way that makes it impossible to identify individual persons.
After the exhibition is over, the information shall be managed according to the privacy policies of each of the Three Host Associations.
Please see the following privacy policies of each association.
- 4. Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
Acquired personal information shall not be provided to third parties without the consent of the persons to whom the information pertains, except in cases when the provision of this information is based on laws and regulations.
Visitor badges (hereinafter referred to as “Badges”) at This Exhibition use a barcode system.
When customers allow their barcode information to be read when presenting their Badges at exhibitor booths and seminar reception desks, that exhibitor (the exhibitor or seminar presenter, sponsor, organization, or other entity which reads the barcode) shall receive third-party provision of the personal information that customer registered beforehand during visitor registration. When presenting their Badges, customers shall be considered to have agreed to their information being provided in this manner.
Seminar presenters, sponsors, and organizations shall also receive third-party provision of the personal information of those who have registered in advance to attend their seminars, regardless of absences on the actual dates of the seminars.
Third party companies and organizations to whom the personal information is provided are responsible for management of the information after it has been provided.
- 5. Cookies and IP Addresses
when they visit internet websites. They are helpful for making websites easier to use.
Information from cookies may be used to count the number of visits. This Website also collects IP addresses of users for purposes including statistical data for This Website, and understanding how This Website is being used, as well as for dealing with server disruptions. IP addresses cannot be used to link with data that identifies users. However, this does not apply to cases in which the legitimate legal rights of the Three Host Associations are infringed upon or interfered with, or cases in which there is a possibility that this may occur.
- 6. The Security of the Official Website
- Sufficient security measures are taken to protect personal information of users against unauthorized access, leakage, falsification, destruction, and other potential problems. However, these measures do not cover any of the process up to the point that the signal from the computer of the user reaches This Website.
- 7. Links to External Websites
- This Website includes a number of links to external websites, but personal information is not shared over these links. The Three Host Associations assume no responsibility for personal information that is acquired within the linked websites. Please make sure to check the policies of the linked websites for their handling of personal information.
- 8. Changes and Suspension of Acquired Personal Information
- When current customers request changes or suspension of personal information, communication of information and provision of services to these customers will be suspended, and in the case of deletion of registration, their personal information will be deleted from the database. Please contact the operations office below for changes of registration or any other deletion-related requests regarding e-mail communications.
- 9. Revisions to Personal Information Protection Policy
- We work to make proper improvements to our protection of personal information. Whenever improvements are made, an announcement is displayed on This Website.
- 10. Questions Pertaining to Protection of Personal Information
- For questions pertaining to the handling of personal information, please contact the operations office shown below.
- 【Contact point for questions and registration changes】
- IIFES 2019 Operations Office (Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.)
Enacted May 22, 2018